Ants are a nuisance, and even worse, they can be destructive and spread bacteria. EcoSense Boise Pest Control provides the best ant control in Boise. We have experienced experts treating ants of all varieties in the Boise region. Our licensed expert will ensure that the treatment is done effectively and efficiently to get rid of ants in your home. Our technicians are experienced with both indoor and outdoor ant control, ensuring you get total coverage for all sorts of ants.
Ants in Boise Idaho
- Carpenter ants: The worse ones to have; they can destroy the wood of your home. In nature, they are just doing their job, destroying fallen trees, but they are the ones doing the destruction in your home!
- Pharaoh ants: A little red or yellowish African ant with a blackish abdomen. These ants are about 1/16th of an inch, with the queen being slightly darker and about twice as large. Pharaoh ants have infested every continent and thrive in heated structures as a pest. The queen is somewhat darker in color. These ants can pose a real threat, especially in medical facilities.
- Odorous house ants: Odorous house ant, sugar ant, stink ant, and coconut ant are all names for Tapinoma sessile. They are tiny, ranging from 1/16 to 1/8 of an inch in length. These ants have a rotten-coconut odor when crushed, which is why they are known by a variety of names.
- Argentine ants: The Argentine ant has a large colony with many queens. These ants will eat anything, but they prefer sweets. These ants are brown to almost black, with tiny bodies less than 1/16 of an inch long. Queens develop to be larger, ranging from 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch in length.
- Pavement ants: The pavement ants will make a home in cracks in the pavement, on curbs, and beneath rocks. They are also found often nesting inside walls and under flooring. The average length of pavement ants is between 1/16 and 1/8 of an inch, with queens measuring as much as 3/8 of an inch.
Why do I have ants in my home?
The most common and most apparent reason for ants is that you have a food source. The ants are coming into your home to feed. It is not always because you have easily accessible food, as ants can be pretty crafty. Ants can crawl through surprisingly small crevices to gain access.
Common food sources include:
- Dog or cat food
- A leaking pipe, roof leaks, or other water leaks
- Spilled soda or juice
- Food disposal leaks
- Garbage cans
- Fruit left in the open
- Bagged Fruits and Vegetables
Are ants dangerous?
Some ants are quite dangerous, while others are just a nuisance. Some ant species that commonly invade homes in Boise can cause severe damage to wood, electrical wiring, or devices. Carpenter ants, for example, love warm conditions and moist areas, meaning they will find your house very attractive if there is any leak that is getting onto the wood of your home, such as a roof or plumbing leak.
Others can spread harmful bacteria as they crawl around your home. These pests can make people sick, especially those with compromised immune systems, such as small children, elderly adults, and those fighting illness.
Where Do Ants Nest?
It depends on the type of ant. Some will have small nests, while others have extensive colonies where many queens nest with the worker ants.
If you are finding ants in unusual places such as your bed or couch, then there may be a reasonably close nest that workers are traveling from and to each day.
What Are The Most Obvious Signs Of An Ant Problem?
There are many different signs. If you see ants, then there is a good chance they have been coming and going from somewhere inside your home for some time now, so there is probably an ongoing ant problem.
The most obvious sign of an ant problem in homes in Boise, Idaho, is seeing them crawling around on surfaces such as the counter, floor, or cabinets. If you see trails of ants leading to and from these areas, it is an indication that there are probably nests around. Possibly in the walls or beneath the floors where they are traveling between.
Another sign is if you find them crawling around on your food. Ants love sweets and meats, so if they get into anything you’re eating, they will likely be attracted to it.
How Do I Control Ants?
There are many home remedies that people think will control ants. Unfortunately, these methods rarely work. If you want to expedite getting rid of an ant infestation in your home, then contact a professional pest service in Boise, Idaho, such as EcoSense Pest Control. At EcoSense, we have professional ant exterminators that will use various methods to control ants. We are also fully licensed and insured!
How Do You Prevent Ants?
- Clean up your home! Do a thorough clean-up, making sure that there are no spills or crumbs left behind.
- Seal any cracks in doors, windows, and walls with caulking.
- Ensure that there are not any water leaks in your roof or plumbing.
- To get rid of ants permanently in your home, you need to call a professional pest control service in Boise, Idaho, such as EcoSense Pest Control. We will use the most advanced methods and treatments to get rid of ants! We have pest control service plans to ensure that you do not experience another ant problem again!